Call Free on 0800 888 6040 and press option 5!
Many people comparing energy tariffs and deals regularly. We can help you make sure you’re getting the best electricity tariff for your usage. This site will highlight if you could cut your bills by switching supplier. Switching energy suppliers is actually quite simple and by following a few simple steps you can do it too! Firstly, make sure you have the following information to hand:
- Your postcode
- The name of current supplier
- The name of the energy offer you’re currently on and how much you spend on electricity. You can find this information on a recent bill.
- An up-to-date meter reading
- Your bank details if you will be paying by direct debit
- Your Meter Point Access Number (or ‘MPAN’) and Meter Point Reference Number (or ‘MPRN’). You can find these on a recent bill
Once you have these, simply go onto switch.tighean.co.uk Please note, if you have a debt to your current supplier, you may be required to clear this before you can switch. If you need advice about this service, The Energy Advisory Service from Tighean Innse Gall would be happy to visit and explain how to do this.
*Please see note 1
- Stornoway LPG gas is delivered by a special condition 18 (SC18) network. As such normal switching rules do not apply and you will be unable to switch gas to another supplier other than British Gas and their white labels i.e. Sainsbury Energy.
- No TIG employee will conduct a switch on your behalf, either in person, online or via the phone. If you want someone to do this for you, please ask a friend or family member.
- All energy suppliers are listed, and no fee is paid by them to TIG on switching. TIG are paid a small fee by Energylinx for each switch conducted through the site.
- Our switching site is hosted by the Scottish company Energylinx, which provides the platform to TIG switch and is fully accredited under the Ofgem Confidence Code.