The Energy Advisory Service SCIO
We are found throughout the year at community run events across the islands, online via Facebook and operate a telephone helpline from our Stornoway office.
- The organisation’s purposes are:
- To advance and educate the public on sustainability issues such as energy efficiency, production and climate change;
- To advance and promote installation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures;
- To promote and advance environmental protection or improvement;
- To relieve those in need by reason of age, ill heath, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages linked to poor living conditions; and
- Any other purpose that may reasonably be regarded as analogous to any of the preceding purposes. Specifically, tackling fuel poverty where financially disadvantaged people cannot afford to heat their homes and subsequently become unwell or in addition face financial disadvantage.
The area in which the organisation shall operate (in this Constitution referred to as the “Area of Benefit”) shall be the Western Isles.
The organisation shall promote (but not promote exclusively) its activities and deliver operations to people within the “Area of Benefit” who are in financial hardship specifically suffering fuel poverty and all those requiring advice and guidance on energy efficiency and sustainability issues. These people will be the organisation’s beneficiaries.