Who are we?
- We are the energy advisory service and we are here to offer free and impartial advice on the best ways to save energy and money;
- We are an independent charity registered in Scotland;
- We are integral within TIG and can bring all of its energy experts and resources to support local residents.
What do we do
- As a resident of the Western Isles we are available to visit you in the home (at no cost to you). We will provide practical advice relevant to you and your home. This means advising you on home improvements like better insulation, new heating and the most energy efficient appliances.
- We can help advise on reducing energy bills, negotiate with energy suppliers, apply for support from energy suppliers
- We work in partnership with a wide range of community organisations to deliver projects which benefit residents, communities, schools and businesses.
- Our funders include Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, who help support our core anti fuel poverty work, and our fuel poverty officer in particular.
For further information on TIG’ Energy Advisory Service please call the office on 01851 706 121 option 3.