The wheelchair fleet throughout Lewis and Harris is serviced and maintained under an SLA from NHS Highland. The objective of this Service Level Agreement is the provision of a planned preventative maintenance (PPM), and repair service for NHS Highland Wheelchair Service patients living in NHS Western Isles.
This service is carried out to all types of chairs across the Western Isles.
- Complex manual chairs
- Power chairs
- Standard fleet
Works TIG can provide are, Servicing / repair / replacement / fitting / adjustment of parts of a range of wheelchairs according to work instructions issued by the Wheelchair Service. Parts include:
- Wheels, tyres and castors
- Hand rims
- Back and Seat canvases
- Armrests (including outrigged), locking pins and arm pads
- Side panels
- Foot hangers and footplates, elevating leg rests, heel-loops, stump supports
- Oxygen cylinder holders and walking stick holders
- Standard belts (known as a PRB)