Care and Repair
Who are we?
- We are the Care and Repair department and we aim to deliver a high quality service to assist older or disabled owner occupiers throughout the Western Isles remain in their homes. The service also undertakes repair work and identification of safety issues and hazards within the home.
What do we do?
- The Care and Repair service manage the delivery of major adaptions consisting mainly of level access showers and access ramps along with handrails and stair lifts.
- In addition, the Care and Repair service delivers the minor works scheme providing grant assistance with a variety of measures including, but not limited to, window and door replacement, rainwater goods replacement, re-slating and essential roof repairs.
- The Home Safety Service focuses on all aspects of safety in the homes of older and vulnerable owner occupiers. Safety visits focus on reducing injuries resulting from slips, trips and falls along with ensuring the necessary alarms are present and working.
- The wheelchair fleet throughout Lewis and Harris is serviced and maintained under a Service Level Agreement from NHS Highland.
- We also offer consultancy services to those who are unable to access our funding streams. This work includes organising contractors, getting tenders and ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard. There is a small fee for this service.
For further information on TIG’s Care and Repair Service please contact the office on 01851 706 121 option 2.