COVID-19 has placed a great strain on our community with many frightened for their loved one’s safety and wellbeing. TIG are a community benefit society and everything we do must be for the benefit of our island communities. Here are the details of how we are continuing to serve our communities currently whilst helping to ensure the safety of the people we serve and our staff.
- Closed our offices in Cothrom, Claddach Kirkibost and Stornoway and all staff now work from home;
- Suspended all installation of insulation measures in homes immediately;
- Suspended work on our rent to buy low cost home ownership sites;
- Suspended energy advice and Care and Repair home visits.
Our staff are now able to support people whilst working from home. We will now:
- Continue offering energy advice to those who need it;
- Continue to offer wider advice about all services;
- Offer such bespoke advice via media, online, and over the phone
- We continue to support our Rent to Buy tenants, landlords and community clients
How to contact TIG:
- If you wish to contact TIG please do – ring 01851 706 121 and leave a message;
- Our receptionist will pick up messages remotely, pass them to the appropriate staff member and they will respond as soon as possible;
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Same system applies.
Our activities bring several millions of pounds of funding into our islands and we will do our utmost to keep these vital funds incoming. Mindful of our policy of supporting local contractors to deliver measures, adaptations for the disabled and other alterations to homes, we will start work again as soon as is practical and safe for all concerned.
We continue to work with our partners including through the Outer Hebrides Community Planning Partnership to provide services and are working behind the scenes to support community efforts. Any partner who has ideas about helping clients and want TIG to be involved, or ask for support should contact email@example.com or 07741652612.
We look forward to continuing to support the community. Stay safe everyone.
Stewart Wilson Brian Chaplin
Chief Executive Chair